Home Study Process
So, you’ve decided to adopt! You now need to obtain a home study. Here is a checklist to help get you organized:
- Call 316-371-7226 for an informational phone consultation.
- Complete the Home Study Application - Sent via email.
- Return the application with the $200 non-refundable processing fee, which is applied to the total cost.
- Provide the email addresses of three personal references.
- Check with your agency or attorney regarding the type of criminal background check they require. Choose the one your attorney or agency recommends:
- A manual background check that does not involve fingerprinting can be obtained at Certified Kansas Bureau of Investigation. Follow the link and complete a background check for each adult in your home.
- To begin the process for a fingerprint background check, follow the Fieldprint link. Complete one for each adult in your home.
- Follow the link to complete your Child Abuse and Neglect (CANIS) background check for each adult in your home.
- Follow the link to obtain a health assessment form for each person in your home and have these completed by your physician.
Health Form 16 & older
Health Form 15 & younger
- Once the Home Study Application is received the home study interview will be scheduled.
- All accompanying documents (KBI, CANIS, health assessment, and references) must be obtained prior to interview date. These forms are required to finalize the study.